CBSE Single Girl Child Scholarship
If parents have a single girl child, CBSE offers scholarships for such girls. The scheme has been launched to provide assistance to students who are not financially stable and unable to afford proper education. Females are more likely to drop out of school in economically disadvantaged households. Most females do their homework. The government is aware of this and is providing assistance to higher education of girls through CBSE. Here is the full information on this project.
This reduces the family’s financial burden. However, under this scheme, a scholarship must be passed in the first class in 10th grade.
CBSE is offering a scholarship aimed at advancing higher education, if the parents have only one child, such girls should not be halted. This is a central government scheme and a national level scholarship. Students from all over the country are selected under this scheme. The selection process takes place on the basis of merit criteria or merit according to government guidelines. This scholarship is awarded for further education after girl child is in 10th grade.
|Scholarship Name||CBSE Single Girl Child Scholarship|
|Sponsor||CBSE (Central Board of Secondary Education)|
|Objective||To promote girls’ education through scholarships|
Candidate Selection Process: Based on Merit
|Beneficiaries:||Student with only one girl in the family|
|Candidate Selection Process:||Based on Merit|
- Applicants must submit documents related to their school admission.
- A family income certificate is required to apply.
- Caste certification is also required.
- Candidates must provide their bank account details to receive the scholarship amount.
- Details of tuition / school fees must be filled in with the supporting documents.
- The candidate must sign the photo and scan it and upload it with the required documents.
- A copy of the school identification card must also be confirmed.
- The 11th grade mark sheet is a mandatory document for scholarship renewal.
- An affidavit should be submitted along with the bank account details, Xerox and canceled checks of the bank passbook.
- It must be certified by a First Class Magistrate or SDM or any Gazette Officer, however, the officer shall not be below the rank of Tahsildar.
- The applicant (the girl) must have an affidavit declared by the parents as the only child in their family.
Benefits of the Scholarship
- At least 10 per cent of 10th grade students. Only girls who score 60 points can get a scholarship under this scheme, which candidates can take advantage of for their higher studies.
- This scholarship is awarded over a two-year period. After completing 11th standard one year later, apply for renewal of scholarship for class 12th.
- A total of 12 thousand rupees scholarships will be awarded for two years (11th and 12th grade).
- 500 per month for 11th graders Are given. That is, a scholarship of 6,000 rupees a year.
- Grade 12 students are also paid a monthly fee of ₹ 500 (₹ 6,000 per year).
- This can only be availed if applying for the first time.
- Applicants must score 60% or more in class 10
- The tuition fees in grades 11 and 12 must not exceed 1500 INR per month and the school must be affiliated with CBSE.
- Scholarships will be awarded to Indian citizens only.
- For this scholarship, applicants must pursue further study in the 11th and 12th grades.
- The board also facilitates NRI candidates.
For the renewal process:-
- Applicants must be on last year’s merit list.
- According to the guidelines, the applicant must have secured a minimum of 50% marks in Class 11th.
- The school fees of candidates in Class 10 should not exceed 1500 rupees.
- Renewal can be processed when tuition is not increased by more than 10% over the next two years.
How to apply?
- First visit the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) official website.
- Then visit the CBSE Scholarship page
- If you are applying for the first time then click on the SGC-X – Fresh App option,
- Now a new page opens and you have to fill in all the necessary details like date of birth and roll number:.
- And then click on the Proceed option.
- And if you want to apply for a scholarship renewal, click on the candidate SGC-X-Renewal.
- Then fill in the required details like roll number, date of birth.
- Then click on the Proceed option.
- Applicants click on the Documents option to upload their documents and enter the registration number and roll number.
- After entering all the documents and details, click the Confirmation Tap.
- Fresh candidates do not need to send a confirmation page to the CBSE board.