The PAN card is an important document containing a 10-digit alphanumeric number. From Income Tax Return to Bank Account Opening, PAN Card is required for insurance or for taking advantage of any government scheme.
If you have applied for a PAN card and you have not received it yet, see how you can check the status of your PAN Card
How to check PAN Card status?
- You must first visit the Income Tax Website www.incometaxindia.gov.in/pages/pan.aspx.
- Here’s a quick pan selection via Aadhaar.
- Then after check status of pan, you will be asked for Aadhaar number.
- After entering the Aadhaar number, the mobile number will be OTP.
- After a few minutes of entering the OTP, the PAN card status will be displayed on your screen.
- The Income Tax Department has made it mandatory to link PAN card with Aadhaar before March 31.
- Otherwise you will have trouble with many things like investing, cutting more TDS in PF.
- After March 31, you will also have to pay a fine of Rs 10,000 for this job.
How to link PAN with Aadhaar
- Visit Income Tax Website – www.incometaxindia.gov.in/pages/pan.aspx
- Select the Link Aadhaar option
- Fill in the details requested for Aadhaar and PAN number
- Then enter captcha
- Then on the link Aadhaar option
- After this your Aadhaar and PAN will be linked.