Rashtriya Vayoshri Yojana
The central government is implementing a national agenda for the elderly who are economically weak. This way they will be able to afford common auxiliary equipment such as wheelchairs. If you are seeking assistance under the National Vaishree Scheme, you should know about this scheme. What is the National Vayashree Scheme? How to apply? What are the qualifications? Here is the information.
What is the National Vayashree Scheme?
The National Old Age Scheme is a project initiated by the Central Government in the interests of senior citizens who are below the poverty line and economically weaker. Under this scheme, wheelchair-assisted equipment will be distributed free of charge to any elderly who are financially weak. In simple terms, under this scheme, senior citizens who are financially vulnerable are given free tools based on their disability and weakness.
Although the number of beneficiaries of the scheme is low, it is a major project in terms of social security. The scheme was launched with the objective of providing every person, whether rich or poor, the necessary facilities. The project was launched in 2017. Millions of senior citizens have taken advantage of it and are still receiving it.
|Scheme Name||Rashtriya Vayoshri Yojana|
|Released by||Prime Minister Narendra Modi (Central Government)|
|Year of Commencement||2017|
|Who are the beneficiaries||senior citizens who are financially vulnerable|
|Application Submission Method:||Online|
What is the purpose of the Prime Minister’s National Vayashree Scheme?
The National Old Age Scheme is a good government-sponsored scheme to provide senior citizens who are below the poverty line of the country economically vulnerable to their disabilities and disabilities. According to statistics, there are about 10.38 crore senior citizens in the country. About 70 per cent of them live in rural areas. Many of them are financially weak and helpless and millions of people are living below the poverty line.
Prices of assistive devices to help people with disabilities and the disabled are affordable to the poor. Not everyone who is financially vulnerable has the power to buy such devices. The Central Government has launched a ‘National Vyashree Yojana’ to provide assistance to them.
Benefits of the National Old Age Project?
If you start a project with a good budget, there is no doubt that certain classes will definitely benefit from it. The National Vayashree Scheme run by the Central Government has several benefits. Namely,
- The central government distributes wheelchairs and other auxiliary equipment to the economically weaker and senior citizens below the poverty line through the National Old Age Scheme.
- Under this scheme, if senior citizens suffer from more than one disability and disability, they can avail of various tools to suit each disability or disability.
- Government auxiliary equipment is of good quality and will help senior citizens to live easier lives.
- After being examined by a doctor, the plan can be applied. Tools will then be readily available to beneficiaries.
Qualifications to take advantage of the project
There are certain eligibility requirements to take advantage of the National Vayashree scheme. Namely,
Only Indian residents can take advantage of the scheme.
Only citizens over 60 years of age benefit from this scheme.
Senior citizens who are economically vulnerable, ie BPL and APL are eligible for this scheme.
To apply for the project, you must have aadhaar card, identity card, ration card, career pension related documents (if taking advantage), medical report of disability / disability, mobile number and passport size photo.
How to apply for National Vayashree Scheme?
It is not difficult to apply for the National Old Age Program 2022. To take advantage of this scheme, you can simply apply online by following these steps:
- First visit the official website of the Department of Social Welfare at https://www.alimco.in/
- Click on the ‘Vaishree Registration’ button that appears on the homepage of the website.
- Then the registration form of the project opens. All the information requested in it should be filled in exactly. Then click the Submit button.