How to check if your Aadhaar is linked to PAN? Here is the information
The government has set March 31 as the last date for linking Aadhaar numbers with PAN, after which citizens will have to pay a hefty fine. Previously, the government had set September 30, 2021 as the last date for linking Aadhaar with PAN.
If the Aadhaar is not linked with PAN by March 31, the Income Tax Department will be fined up to Rs 1,000. The PAN, which is not linked to Aadhaar, will operate for a further year until March 31, 2023 to file income tax returns or ITRs and claim refund, among other things, the department said. After March 31, 2023, the taxpayer’s PAN, which does not link their PAN accounts with Aadhaar, will be deactivated.
If you’re not sure if your Aadhaar is linked to PAN, here’s step-by-step information to help you determine if two accounts are linked:
How to check if your Aadhaar is linked to PAN
- Step 1: Visit the official website of the Income Tax Department (www.incometax.gov.in)
- Step 2: Now the Quick Links option. Here you will see the option to check ‘Link Aadhaar Status’. On top of that.
- Step 3: Enter your PAN and Aadhaar numbers in the following screen.
- Step 4: Once you have filled all the details, select ‘View Link Aadhaar Status’ option.
Now you will see if your Aadhaar is linked to your PAN. If it’s not, here’s a step-by-step to help you link the two accounts.
|Aadhaar is linked to PAN||Check Here|
How to link your Aadhaar with your PAN
- Step 1: Visit the official website of the Income Tax Department.
- Step 2: Under the ‘Quick Links’ section, click on the ‘Link Aadhaar’ option and on and on.
- Step 4: Provide PAN and Aadhaar numbers, your name and your mobile number entered on the Aadhaar card.
- Step 5: Tick the box you agree to enter your Aadhaar details and enter the captcha code. Then the ‘Link Aadhaar’ button and you’re done.
|How to link your Aadhaar with your PAN||Go to page|
|WhatsApp Group-1||Join Group|