Union government has extended the Aadhaar card linking deadline with ration cards. Eamun’s deadline for linking Aadhaar card with ration card has been extended till 31st June.
By linking the Aadhaar Card with the Ration Cards, no beneficiary can get food grains. The central government has ensured that all beneficiaries will get rations. This provides another opportunity for those who have not yet linked Aadhaar card ration cards.
Under the National Food Security Act, people who migrate from one place to another will be able to distribute rations in a temporary workplace. It is important to link Aadhaar cards with ration cards in view of migrant communities deprived of foodgrains.
A ration card for a living
One Nation One Ration Card (ONORC) launched in August 2019 to help day laborers, temporary workers and migrants take advantage of subsidized food grains from their nearest ration center.
There are 80 crore beneficiaries under this scheme. By mid-February, 96 percent of beneficiaries were enrolled under ONORC. A senior government official said that the target of 100 per cent is ahead of many other states and that it will take three months to achieve this.
Previously, the deadline for December 31, 2021 was to link both the Aadhaar card and the ration card. But the deadline was extended to March 31, 2022. But now these deadlines have been extended to June 30, 2022.
How to link ration card with Aadhaar?
- Go to Aadhaar’s official website – uidai.gov.in.
- Click on ‘Start Now’ here
- Fill in your address including the district and state name
- Then click on the ‘Ration Card Benefit’ option
- Enter your Aadhaar number, ration card number, e-mail address and mobile number
- Once this is done the OTP will come to your registered mobile number
- As you enter the OTP, you get a process complete message on your screen
- As soon as the entire process is complete, your Aadhaar will be checked and it will be linked to your ration card.