DigiLocker has launched a cloud-based application for the public to keep digital documents such as driving license, Aadhaar card, PAN card, car registration certificate, educational certificates, birth certificate etc.
This freed people from carrying their records. Because they can access the digital version anytime.
Documents in DigiLocker are treated like physical documents by all government officials. The DigiLocker app, linked to a person’s Aadhaar number, provides users with 1GB of cloud storage to store their records. Cloud storage is secure and secure because it uses 256 bit Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption for all information transmitted. Furthermore users need OTP verification to access the platform and documents.
Do this to activate the account in Digi Locker?
- Step 1 First you go to the government website digilocker.gov.in.
- Step 2: In this you will see the sign up option on the right. Click on it.
- Step 3 Then submit all required information including your name, date of birth, email id, and enter the password you have created.
- Step 4: After this, you will receive the OTP in the given number.
- Step 5: You can then complete the process using the OTP or Fingerprint option.
- Step 6 Now, you can log in by creating your username and password.
How to set up DigiLocker and upload documents
- First you need to download DigiLocker app from Google Play Store (for Android users) or Apple App Store (for iOS users) or go to DigiLocker official portal https://www.digilocker.gov.in/dashboard
- Sign yourself up by submitting your phone number, name, date of birth, Aadhaar card details, email id and other necessary details. Confirm your mobile number by submitting a 6-digit OTP.
- Now create username and password for yourself and register your Aadhaar number. You have given your consent to DigiLocker to use your Aadhaar number and sign up.
- After submitting your Aadhaar number, OTP will be sent once again to the registered mobile number and email. Confirm OTP so that the platform receives your Aadhaar from UIDAI.
- Your DigiLocker has been set up successfully and now you are ready to upload your documents.
- Go to the home screen and select the document issuing agencies ie central government, state government, education, banking and insurance, and so on. For example select the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways for a driving license. 7.Select documents beforehand and the app will automatically fill in your name and date of birth.
- Enter the number and click Get Document. Save the document that appears on the screen and it’s done.
How to upload documents in Digi Locker?
- Step 1: First log in to the Digi Locker app.
- Step 2: After that, first click on the upload document.
- Step 3: Click on Upload icon.
- Step 4 Now search the file from the local drive and select ‘Open’ to upload.
- Step 5 Click the ‘Select Doc Type’ to assign the uploaded file to its type. Here all the records appear together.
- Step 6 Now, after selecting the document type, click Save.
- Users can rename the filename if they wish.