How to change a photo on your Aadhaar card?
If your photo doesn’t look good on your Aadhaar card, there is an easy way to update the new photo by replacing the old photo.
Follow the steps outlined below to update your Aadhaar photo.
- Step 1: You need to go to the nearest Aadhaar Permanent Registration Center to change your Aadhaar photo.
- Step 2: After that, you will need to obtain Aadhaar registration form. You can download the form from UIDAI’s official website to facilitate the process.
- Step 3: Complete the form with all the necessary information.
- Step 4: The completed form can then be shared with the Aadhaar Permanent Registration Center.
- Step 5: After that, provide your biometric information.
- Step 6: Aadhaar Permanent Registration Center executives then take your photo to use as your new Aadhaar photo.
- Step 7: After completing the process you will have to pay the service fee to update the biometrics details in your Aadhaar.
- Step 8: After that, you will receive an acknowledgment card with the update request number (URN).
- Step 9: On the official website, you can check the status of your photo modification request using the new URN.
- Step 10: From your home, you can download the Aadhaar card with the new photo from the official UIDAI website.
It is important to note that the upgrade process can take up to 90 days.
How To Download Aadhaar Card With New / Updated Photo
- Step 1: Visit https://uidai.gov.in/my-aadhaar/get-aadhaar.html to get your Aadhaar number.
- Step 2: Select ‘Download Aadhaar’ from the drop-down menu.
- Step 3: Enter your Aadhaar, Enrollment ID or Virtual ID number.
- Step 4: Fill the captcha and the ‘Send OTP’ button.
- Step 5: Download your new Aadhaar card by entering the OTP assigned to your registered cell phone number. You can even choose to print it