Scholarship For PhD Students 2021-22
Applications are invited for study pay / fellowship grants from underprivileged students engaged in full-time Ph.D. study, 2021-22.
The Department issued the notification on December 8, 2021 and applications were invited by qualified candidates by 5:30 pm on December 30,2021.
Only freshmen studying for the first year PhD at the Universities / Subsidiaries of Karnataka Statutory Universities in the year 2021-22 can apply online.
Eligible students belonging to Backward Classes Category I, 2A, 3A, 3B and other Backward Classes who are currently engaged in full-time PhD study will be given a scholarship salary / fellowship.
Monthly Reservation and Fellowship of Rs. Grants will be awarded to eligible students depending on availability.
- A citizen of India and a Permanent Resident of Karnataka.
- The list of Back ward Classes Notified by Government of Karnataka
- Should be pursuing a full-time PhD in the statutory Universities / Subsidiaries of Karnataka.
The student seeking access to the facility should not be selected for a monthly scholarship / fellowship from the Government of India / Government of Karnataka / University or any other institution.
- Should have obtained at least 55% marks in the Master’s Degree.
- Must have registered for PhD study under the Research Guidelines at University / Authorized Institutions.
Age Limit: •
Maximum age limit for a candidate is 35 years. Total annual income limit for student and family: Annual income limit set for monthly attendance / fellowship grant
• Category-1 – Rs.4.50 lakh.
• Category-2 (a), 3 (a), 3 (b) and other OBC – Rs 3.50 lakh. Employees of Central / State Government / subsidiary / Public Owned Institutions are not eligible to avail the facility. Only two sons of the same family are eligible for the scheme. But this restriction does not apply to females. This facility is offered only once per student for
Ph.D. Application Form: Deadline to apply online: December 30,2021
Official website: https://bcwd.karnataka.gov.in/?utm_source=DH-MoreFromPub&utm_medium=DH-app&utm_campaign=DH
Helpline number: 8050770004